Wednesday 17 October 2012

A Beginning

Well, here it is. I find that I face mini "life crisis" moments after I have done or completed some big milestone in my life. Crisis might be too strong of a word, but for lack of a better one at the moment I will stick with it. An example of one of my personal mini life crisis' happened when I finished University. I found myself staring into the future going "What next?". As a result of that particular occasion I ended up joining the Kokopelli Youth Choir. These 'mini life crisis' moments have been few, but have always resulted in wonderful new chapters in my life. So now 4 months after I finished a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I saw the cycle repeating again. My mission was wonderful, and hands down the best thing I have ever done in my life. I will share more about it later, but at this point I mean to explain the reason for this blog. Last week I was wondering what I should do next, and the idea came to me that I was watching way too much tv/movies. And so I planned on cutting them out, at least for a week so I could refocus on my goals in life, and the person I wanted to be. That was my jumping off point. Then through many conversations with various friends I decided to make blogging part of it. And just a sidenote, I am really not a great writer. In University I had weekly essays for my English class, and a majority of them returned with "F+" written on the top. I really don't know what an F+ is supposed to mean...."you failed, but good try". Either way, consider this my warning. So if you continue to read, then I don't feel personally responsible for your offense to any grammatical errors I may make. But I will do my best.
Back to my current mini life crisis, I was telling my good friend Lisa about this plan and she thought I should make a purpose for my blog. More than just publishing my journal. Lisa's scientist side came out and she suggested I do various experiments and write about them. I liked it. So thats what this will be.

First up experiment wise, as previously mentioned, is my cutting out tv and movies. This week it is completely, but in weeks to come I am just going to monitor it more closely so that I don't get carried away. After this week I will take on different 'experiments' ultimately in my journey to find a 'sense of place' through out life. I feel that it involves constant evaluation on ones self. I know what I want my end goal to be, but finding that happy content feeling in everything I am is the tricky part. Self betterment in all aspects of life. So this is a beginning. And if nothing else, I already feel better because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment