Sunday 17 March 2013

Barf.

This week I definitely had the messiest day of work I've ever. And it all happened on Monday, what a way to start. Monday itself was kind of crazy. It started with me waking up at 7:20, which would have been fine had it been a weekend. But seeing how I started work at 7:30, that was a problem. Luckily I live pretty close to work, so I made it amazingly only 10 minutes late. I pretty much just got dressed and ran out the door. I almost forgot to brush my teeth, but luckily I remembered before I left. This kind of put me behind for the day, I just felt a bit lethargic. The real 'excitement' happened after the kids woke up from their nap. One boy was not feeling well, and ended up throwing up all over the table. Note, I really dislike barf. Like a lot. So the fact that I was even in the same room was pushing comfort level. After things were cleaned up I was sitting with the boy in a rocking chair when he wanted to get in his crib. I obliged, but almost instantly when I put him down he started crying a lot. So I picked him back up. The problem being that he was facing me when I picked him up, rookie mistake. No sooner had I picked him up he got sick again. It was like a volcano erupting nasty chunks all over me. Sorry for the visual. Anyways, I was stunned since it was everywhere. The irony behind it all was that it was also all over the carpets that had been cleaned for the first time in years. Luckily it was right before my shift was over so I could go home and shower asap. While it was a bit of a gong show we made it through. That night Bethany and I finally finished Downton Abbey. Except I am really not happy with the last 30 seconds. I won't say anything for fear of spoilers, but it was not nice.

The rest of the week was quite nice, and a lot more clean. My brother, Stage, was passing through on Tuesday so we got to spend an hour or so together. It was wonderful, he is such a funny guy and always lifts my spirits. For some reason I still fall for some of his pranks. We were eating blizzards at Dairy Queen when he pointed out the window asking if there used to be a mall their. I totally fell for it, cause I looked and he stole all the whipped cream off the top of my blizzard. Will I ever learn? The thing about Stage is that he likes being caught. He can't handle merely getting away with it, he must make sure you know you just got fooled. Silly boy.

Wednesday I went to the Temple and had a very peaceful visit. That was exactly what I needed. Some peaceful renewing.
That evening Bethany, Merrill, and I watched Harry Potter 7 part 1. Man I love HP. We even made movie style popcorn, which looked pretty gross in the wrap but turned into buttery salty deliciousness!

Thursday was Pi Day! And in honor of the occasion I definitely ate pie. I went over to Kaitlyns house and we made an apple pie and a berry pie. While they were cooking I went to check on them. It was near the end of the baking time, but I determined that they needed a couple more minutes. Some juices may have leaked into the bottom of the oven because we soon saw smoke coming from the kitchen. I just assumed it was from the juice, but Nathalie insisted we check. As it turned out the bottom of the oven was literally on fire. Elise was the brains in the operation, all I could think to do was blow on it, but that was the wrong answer. The oven was turned off and luckily the pies were saved. Which obviously is the most important part. And despite the terrible burning smell that filled the apartment, we dined on excellent pies. Still a success! woot!

This weekend has been nice. I didn't have any big plans, just friend time. Friday night I went to a play with Kaylee. It was at the Capital Theatre in Fort Edmonton Park, which made me feel like I had taken a step back in time. We didn't have time to eat beforehand so we smuggled in our Oodle Noodle Box food and enjoyed the musical. They didn't say 'No Food or Drink' so I figure we were good.

Saturday I went to Wetaskawin with my friend Val and her little daughter Macy to see our old roommate Kari and her family. It was a nice visit. We just talked and talked. And there was a lot of cookie eating, just like the old days! That night I went to a 'Save the Redheads' party, which was excellent! And a worthy cause if I do say so myself. You'd be surprised how many famous gingers are out there. So this week I encourage everyone to take a minute a thank the gingers in your life for simply being there. Who knows how much longer we'll have that chance, since there are studies saying that eventually gingers will be extinct. Make sure to do your part in prolonging that terrible fate.

Well that's all for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment