Sunday 10 March 2013

Rajaton=silky smooth chocolate milk for the ears

What a week! On Monday for the first time ever I got to Rajaton in concert. For those who don't know, they are an AMAZING Finnish singing group. They were so good. All of their voices are so so so good. Listening to them is like drinking silky smooth chocolate milk. It was probably one of the shortest concerts ever, it went by so quickly. I could have listened for days. Pretty much everyone I had every sang with in choir was there in the audience. That was fun to see so many people. After the concert we were just visiting, and Rajaton was signing autographs. The line died down and Lisa decided to go ask them for a picture. I was totally on board. As I was asking which Rajaton member she was going to request a picture, Lisa declared "All of them". Yes Lisa Martin makes things happen. Rajaton was more than happy to oblige and there we were chatting with the entire group on our way over to a photo-op. I talked to Jussi and babbled on like a star struck teeny bopper. But he was very nice about it. Now Rajaton and I are pretty much super tight.


The rest of the week was wonderful as well. Lots of choir once again. Even though it keeps me so busy I certainly love it. I was reading my journal from Grade 9 and almost entry I talk about how all my life is is school and choir. Every day. haha I realized that things really haven't changed that much. It also made me realize how big a role music has played in my life. It has shaped me into the person I am today, and I love it just as much as ever. Choralfest was going on Thursday-Saturday, this is a festival for choirs. Most choirs in Edmonton and area perform for two clinicians who then work with them and give them some helpful tips. Thursday night I performed with Oran, which of course was amazing. Friday night was Shumayela's turn. They sounded so good. Its amazing what they are capable of. I truly enjoy working with them this year. Saturday morning was Kikimasu. They are so much fun to watch. Honestly it puts me into such a good mood watching their faces and expressions and listening to their beautiful voices. After they were done I went and met Lisa at her work. Nathalie came with and we all had a lovely visit. It was nice catching up and just chatting. Afterwards since I was still downtown, I figured I would stay and watch Kokopelli perform at Choralfest. So I got to see every choir in our organization (except Tamariki, the littlest choir who didn't do choralfest) perform. Quite a treat!

That night I had a ward party. Lots of pizza and games makes for an excellent party. It went well. And now aside from the time change, life is good. Honestly, this morning when I woke up I felt pretty good. But I did do some extra yawning through out church. I only worry about tomorrow when I have to work at 7:30. I know lots of people have it worse than me, so I won't complain. But best of luck to every one trying to battle the changing of the time! I have a good feeling about this week despite it. :)

ps Here is a link to one of the numbers we did at the Stories concert. Its called 'Heartlines' and was so much fun to sing. You can't actually see me because I'm in the front blocked by aisle people, but its definitely worth a listen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zv_l5SwdKkY

No comments:

Post a Comment