Sunday 19 May 2013

Spring green and bobcats

I am loving this weather!! Spring just smells so good! And everything is that really pretty light green, with all the new leaves growing in. The sun is staying out longer and later which gives me so much energy. I went running three times this week before work and I had no problem waking up early. On Thursday while I was running I discovered a beautiful ravine and creek right by my place. It was pretty exciting. I ran down the big hill and saw a beautiful creek, there was a bridge and even river fog because of the early time in the day. The path led up and out of the ravine so I figured I go up and then turn around to head back to my house. I got to the top of the hill and was very winded. While I was catching my breath I saw something run into the long grass. I didn't think it was a dog bit couldn't see it very well. The animal came out of the grass and we stared at each other for a while and then it hit my winded self. It was a bobcat. No joke. A bobcat, right in the middle of the city. Crazy. I took a couple slow steps back, turned around, and ran. Luckily it was down hill so I could actually run. I was wearing neon green and the whole time I was running I was thinking about how I looked unappetizing in this color. Apparently I did cause I was safe and sound at home in no time. And I don't think I'll be running there by myself early in the morning just in case. Though I feel like bike rides would be kosher. I did go back on bike Saturday evening for some more exploration. I discovered a family of beavers, Canada geese, and a pond. All so close to my house. I had no idea. Pretty much the best thing ever. This summer is going to be awesome!

On Friday I got to go meet Pearl's brand new baby girl Cassandra. She is such a cute little baby! I loved holding her, she just slept the whole time. Beautiful! I'm excited to spend more time with her. Plus a visit with Pearl was also lovely! Afterwards I had a fun movie night with Christine and Nathalie. We made delicious skor cake and watched Easy A. It takes place in Ojai, a small city quite close to Ventura. So of course I was excited about that, having been there while serving in Ventura.

Saturday morning I got up early and caught the first session at the Temple. It was wonderful. Always so happy and peaceful. After the Temple I headed over to Val's house to chill with her and Macy. I saw Chris a bit too. It was nice being able to visit and eat food. My favorite things to do! Macy is such a cute kid, and she makes me laugh.

That evening I got to help out serving at a Stake dinner. I had fun getting to know some of the other ladies on the committee, and even though I was the youngest one by far I had a good time. And got to eat a lot of yummy food!

Sunday after my sacrament meeting I headed to Whitecourt for my grandpas birthday. We had a good time. After dinner I went out to their ark (yes my grandparents have a 2 level wooden ark in their yard, story next time) and I read whilst basking in the sunshine. After a while I ended up falling asleep on the ark. It was glorious. We played games and visited and ate. The recipe for a perfect day. Happy me. I stayed there that night since its the long weekend. Happy Victoria day to all! Much love!





No comments:

Post a Comment