Sunday 12 May 2013

Weddings, Waterton, and my Wonderful Mother

What a great week!! I had a short work week, which ended on Wednesday. I then drove down to Southern Alberta with my brother Dawson. We got to the Mountain View Inn around 10:30 and were greeted by lots of family members that were also there for the wedding. What followed was lots of fun family time. Its just so nice to be around them, especially when you don't see the family that often.

Thursday was the wedding in Cardston. It was beautiful! I am so happy for my cousin Tvae and her new husband Andrew. The weather was absolutely goregous and everything really seemed to be perfect. We had a delicious lunch at the Cobblestone Manor, a restaurant one of my best friend's (Ashley's) grandparents used to own. So I had many memories of going there after school and playing with her. Being in Cardston made me totally relive many parts of my childhood. Lots of fond memories. That evening was the calling reception. They had delicious chicken croissants, and I ate about a billion of them. Probably my new favorite food. Yum!

This is Tvae and I at the reception. She is such a gorgeous bride!!

Here are some cousin pictures outside the Temple, after the wedding. Siahna and I

 Nicole, me, and Shannon. :)

I snuck away a little bit early with my cousin Siahna to go see the Cardston Girls Choir concert. My alma mater choir. They sang beautifully and it really was nice to see Mrs. Dittmann again after many years. It was a lucky thing that the concert happened to be while I was in Cardston.

On Friday I spent the day with some of my family going into Waterton National Park. It was an amazing day! No wind at all, which if you know Southern Alberta is quite rare. The mountains were stunning, and I just loved being there. Here are some shots from the day.
Chief Mountain at sunset. The view from the Inn we were staying in.
 I had just fed this chipmunk and was trying to take a selfie picture of the two of us, but failed. At least my shadow made it in!
 Deer drinking from the glacier lake. We saw tons of deer and lots of bighorn sheep this trip. I didn't get a picture of the sheep though.
 The deer didn't stick around for the picture with me. Darn.
 Posing at the Prince of Wales Hotel. Probably the best view in the world. Ignore my face in this particular picture. Not sure what I was doing....
 This is better. Note the pink pants!!!!!
Good times in Waterton. I also got sunburned, yes my freckles have come out in full force and I am also pinker than my pants now. That evening I got to spend some time with one of my dear friends Ashley Ruttan who recently moved back to Cardston for her husband's job. They have an incredibly cute one year old named Kye, who was fun to watch and play with. It was nice being able to reminisce with Ashley, all the crazy things that we did growing up. She was actually my first friend after I had moved to Cardston when I was 6. We were friends all growing up, in the same ward, in choir and plays together, and then we were even roommates here in Edmonton. What a blast!!

I stayed with my grandparents in Stirling Friday night, then on Saturday I went into Lethbridge to spend some time with another dear friend Kaci and her two little rugrats. We had a fun time at the park and Kaci and I just talked the whole time. I went back to Stirling for dinner with my grandparents and my Aunt Coralee's family. We had a nice time, I ate a ton of tacos, and we played Phase 10. I was soooo close to winning, but Skylar took it in the end. I stayed at Kaci's house that night and we were up far too late playing games and talking. Good times.

Dawson and I went to sacrament meeting with my grandma and grandpa and then hit the road. It was a hot day, and his car didn't have air conditioning, but we somehow managed. We had a nice long phone chat with the Mom, and it was delightful. Nice to catch up. And plus I do have the most awesome mother in the world, so considering it was Mother's Day it was nice to think about all the wonderful ways I have been blessed by her. Thanks Mom!! I love you!


Mom and I when we were filming the Joseph movie. :)


What a good way to end the week. I most certainly have been blessed!


1 comment:

  1. Can I just say, I love your outfit. Love the pink pants, love the shirt. It makes me want to buy pink pants just so I can match you completely ...

    ReplyDelete