Sunday 5 May 2013

Summer is Here!!!

Summer is here!! I feel like Spring was skipped over and we jumped straight from Winter to Summer. Seriously, where else is it snowing one day and then 28 degrees celsius (82 F for the Americans). I welcomed it with open arms. Arms that did not have to be covered in a coat or even a sweater. Woohoo!!! It was a lovely week indeed. A happy week. On Saturday was a concert with Shumayela and Kikimasu, both of the children's choirs I volunteer with. It was Star Wars themed and the only way to describe the concert would be EPIC. The kids all sounded so great, they performed well, and the show was a hit. So many funny moments in the concert as well. I just loved it!!! It was so much fun to be a part of. I really am lucky to work with such a great group of kids. And also two incredible conductors, Kim Denis and Carmen So. Seriously I am learning so much from them!


Here is a link to the final number of the concert, Firework, man these kids know how to perform. Haha it makes me laugh every time!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOjGnMMLEec So epic!

Today we after church I had a Cinco de Mayo feast with Kaylee and Susan and their household. It was delicious! We sat outside and just soaked up the warm weather. I couldn't get enough (food and sun). It was followed by a broadcast by Elder William Walker, a church leader. It was so positive and made me want to be a better person. Loved it. Afterwards I went for a walk on the trolley train tracks, one of my favorite spots. Just enjoying the beautiful weather and the beautiful day. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment