Tuesday 15 January 2013

Crazy+Busy+Exciting=One really great weekend

Hello blog readers! This has been quite a busy week. But the kind of busy you really like cause its all really fun things. Really the party began on Friday. I had to help out with refreshments at a young single adult dance, so I spent the night dancing away. And I realized how much I really like dancing. I used to think of myself as just a home dancer, you know by myself in my room, etc. Nope, if good music is playing its hard to stop myself. I'm not saying I am a good dancer, just that I enjoy it. And so the dance on Friday was no exception. That night I stayed at Kaylee's house and we had a crazy party. It consisted of us turning on a movie and falling asleep before 10 minutes of it had passed. The real party was in the morning. She taught me how to play the ukulele, and I now know one song. Essentially I am a pro. Watch out for my name on billboards. We also did our own foot spas. How cool are we?

We then headed to the Institute for a delicious free breakfast. The food was great, and tasted even better because it was free. Next I was off to a ward activity where the was lots of games going on. I played volleyball the whole time. It certainly is a good thing Riena taught me how to play on my mission, cause I doubt I would have even started playing. But I actually really enjoy it now. I think I will be the first professional volleyball/ukulele player in the world. My ultimate goal will be to make it to Wikipedia.

The fun didn't stop there. After a brief period of prep I went to my work Christmas party. Yes it was a Christmas party. I guess the place got double booked, so we got to celebrate in January. It was a blast. I work with really lovely people, so it was nice to visit with them without running as high a risk of getting coughed or sneezed by kids (this is my current norm at work). We had great food and even some prizes. There was even a hypnotist show. But the best part of the night was when Raj, my 70+ year old co-worker got on the dance floor and was dancing up a storm. She is not merely a home dancer. And then to make it better this one guy who got hypnotized to dance crazy to the 'Gangham style' started dancing with her. Priceless I tell you. To quote Angie, our director "that was the highlight of my life". Yup it was pretty funny.

Sunday came with great church meetings. And a glorious afternoon nap to follow. Over at Kaylee's house we made a ton of Asian cuisine. It was delicious! I ate so much I think my stomach was only one millimeter away from exploding. No lie. To end out the night, I went to a Church Broadcast which President Deiter F. Uchtdorf was speaking. It was so good. I leave those things feeling so uplifted.

Monday comes around and you may think the weekend was over. But not for me, at least not this week. I got a new car. Thats right folks. It is a beautiful 2013 Toyota Yaris, metallic blue. The one bittersweet part is that my very first car Jasper (09 yaris) had to get traded in in exchange for the new beauty. i was sad to see Jasper go, but my lease was up and it was the same price to buy a new car as it was to buy out Jasper. So I made the obvious choice of trading in. Yup. The new car (who I have yet to name) drives beautifully. So smooth and so many awesome features, including cruise control. Not as much mini storage space though, but that is the only thing I wish there was more of. I am very excited about this. See I'm smiling :D

Well that was my crazy busy awesome week. Hope yours was just as eventful!

No comments:

Post a Comment